Buying and selling property can be far more complicated than it seems
Purchasing or selling a home is often one of most significant financial transactions you will make in your lifetime. Because of its significance, the process involves binding contracts. These should be reviewed by a qualified real estate lawyer for your own protection.
Experienced Real Estate Lawyer in Newmarket
The legal team at Epstein & Associates has extensive experience in real estate law. We can provide the insight, advice and guidance to help you protect your rights and interests. We have a real estate lawyer in Richmond Hill, Newmarket and Barrie that offers convenient flat fees to assist you with your real estate matters.
Our Newmarket, Richmond Hill and Barrie real estate lawyers offer convenient flat fees. We also offer an online estimate to help alleviate much of the stress associated with real estate transactions. Through this approach, you can plan for all the various disbursements you will incur in your real estate transaction. Most importantly, our lawyers work tirelessly to ensure you understand all of your options as well as the details of your transaction once a plan of action has been set in place.
Reasons to Hire a Real Estate Lawyer in Richmond Hill
Purchasing, selling or making any other type of real estate transaction is often a very complex and complicated matter. Hiring a real estate lawyer in Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Aurora and Barrie will save you the stress and confusion that are common in most real estate dealings. Along with making the process easier, additional benefits of hiring a real estate lawyer in Aurora and the surrounding areas include:
Legal Closing Cost Calculator
Contact a Real Estate Lawyer in Barrie, Newmarket, Aurora and Richmond Hill
The lawyers of Epstein & Associates are passionate about easing the burden on our clients throughout the process of each real estate transaction. If you need a real estate lawyer in Barrie, Mississauga, Newmarket, Aurora or Richmond Hill, we encourage you to contact us for a free consultation! You can reach us by filling out our contact form, emailing or calling any of our offices.
Our current ALL INCLUSIVE* Flat Fees for real estate are as follows:
- Home Purchase $1,650.00*
- New Condo Purchase $1,850.00*
- Resale Condo Purchase $1,750.00*
- First Mortgage $200.00*
Each additional mortgage $500.00*
- Sale of Property $1,100.00*
$900.00* with no mortgage
- Discharge of each additional mortgage $200.00*
- Sale and Purchase (both transactions within 30 days) $100.00*
- Spousal/Simple Transfer $650.00*
- Simple Refinance $1,500.00*
* All fees set out above are ALL INCLUSIVE subject to: LAND TRANSFER TAXES AND TITLE INSURANCE ARE NOT INCLUDED. All real estate fees relate to residential freehold properties. Commercial real estate matters are billed based on an hourly rate. Delayed closings and any work outside the scope of a typical transaction are billed on an hourly basis. Stated fees for New Condo purchase INCLUDE dealing with any interim closing and the review of the Agreement of Purchase and Sale. A review of a Status Certificate is INCLUDED in our fee for a resale condo purchase. Please contact our office for a more complete explanation of the disbursements involved, including but not limited to, Title Insurance and Land Transfer Tax and for a more accurate quote for your specific transaction. We will make sure that you make an informed decision and would welcome an opportunity to discuss all aspects of your transaction with you directly. Fees subject to change.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have never owned an eligible home anywhere in the world, and your spouse has not owned an eligible home anywhere in the world while he or she was your spouse (either married or common law spouse), then you may qualify for the Land Transfer Tax Refund for First Time Homebuyers. You must occupy the home as your principal residence no later than nine months after the property is transferred to you.
In a joint tenancy, the share of a joint tenant who passes away goes to the surviving joint tenant.
In a tenancy in common, when one of the property owners dies, his or her share goes to his or her estate.
Our Role in your Purchase
Title Search: Legal Searches and enquiries to ensure you receive title clear of encumbrances or other issues Mortgage: prepare mortgage documents and explain terms of the mortgage Explain the different ways to hold title to property and help you decide which is best for you (joint tenancy versus tenancy in common) Explain and make sure you understand the documents you are signing Carry out the actual transfer on the closing date Provide you with the keys to your new home.
Our Role in your Sale
Reply to requisitions made by the Purchaser’s lawyer Prepare the Transfer and Statement of Adjustments Review and meet with the Vendor to sign closing documentation Attend to the transfer on closing date Forwards funds to mortgage company or financial institution to discharge any mortgages registered against the property Provide you with the sale proceeds!
Land Transfer Tax (LTT) is payable by the purchaser on the total purchase price (or other consideration given) of the property on the date of closing. The date of closing is the date that the Transfer/Deed of land is registered with the Land Registry Office. LTT is calculated using a sliding scale based on the value of the property. If you are purchasing a home in Toronto, there is an extra Toronto LTT applicable.
If you are a first-time home buyer, you may be entitled to a Land Transfer Tax Refund. The maximum amount of the refund is $2,000 in Ontario and upwards of $3725 available in Toronto as well. These refunds may be claimed at time of registration and can offset the amount of Land Transfer Tax Payable on closing.